Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Welcome to My Blog...

I've spent a few weeks trying to come up with a clever opening sentence to my first-ever blog entry. Then I decided to stop over-thinking it and dive in. So here we go: Welcome to Alice's CWIM blog. Alice (that's me) is the long-time editor of Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market, referred to as CWIM by those-in-the-know. It will hence by referred to as CWIM in this space.

(Just about) every day, I'll be posting something of interest to writers/illustrators/CWIM readers--or at least something that's interesting to me. This could include market news, industry news, info on books and authors I like, short interviews with my writer/illustrator/ editor/agent friends, links to cool/useful sites, Q&A (send me your Q, I'll give you my A), etc.

As a Grand Kick-off, I'll be blogging from the SCBWI Conference in Los Angeles. This awesome event runs from August 4th-7th at the snazzy Century Plaza Hotel. (One year I ran into Dennis Franz, Finola Hughes, Monica Lewinski's parents, and Tomie dePaola.) If you're not going (but I really hope you are) visit this space for my conference play-by-play. I'll talk about sessions I've atteneded, who I've seen, what I've heard, what everyone's talking about--and I might even post a photo or two (or a bunch). So if you're there, beware of me and my camera. And if you're looking for me, try the lobby bar--they make a fab pina colada, and that's where all the cool kids hang out.

1 comment:

Alma Fullerton said...

Ahhhh.... procrastination tactic # whatever. Welcome to the land of blogdom.