Almost Conference Time...
I'm psyching myself up for the my trip to LA tomorrow, and although I have 87 million things to do before I go, I'm getting really excited. Here's my list of conference-related things I'm most excited about:
- Wearing my hot pink Punk Farm t-shirt.
- Steve Malk's party at Dutton's bookstore in Beverly Hills (invitation only).
- Mo Willems! (Love that pigeon.)
- Working at the Art Portfolio Display with Priscilla Burris and company. (Pretty much my favorite part of the conference--so cool to eavesdrop on editors and art directors talking about portfolios. And some of the art is just fabulous.)
- A balcony. And a phone in the bathroom. (Yeah, I have a mobile, but it's still cool.)
- Jane Yolen's keynote address. I've heard her speak many times and she's always wonderful. (Check out her new Writer's Digest Books title Take Joy.)
- Low humidity and temperatures below 90. (Oh, I cannot wait.)
- Seeing presenter Hope Vestergaard and my other Michigan author friends. (I missed you all last year.)
- Regional Advisors--some of the hardest working, most dedicated volunteers on the planet.
- The costumes at the "Jade Jubilee." Oh the wacky things creative types come up with. (I'm hoping to get some photos.) I have not yet decided on my outfit, but I'm pretty darn sure I own nothing that could be referred to as "jade." (Maybe next year they could have a Black Ball.)
- Have I mentioned the great pina coladas in the lobby bar?