Monday, August 21, 2006

BookSense Picks: Children's Autumn 2006...

I just found the latest BookSense list in my inbox. Here's a quick not-very-specific-and-incomplete rundown of what's on it. (Follow the list link to read full titles):

  • Four Monster books
  • Lots of animals: Dog, Cow, Giraffe, Gecko, Hippo, Hare, Rabbit and Pig
  • Animal Poems and Dog Poems
  • Pirates
  • Goth Girl, Good Girls, That Girl Lucy Moon
  • Dragons (and lots of fantasy)
  • Ranger's Apprentice, Last Apprentice, Last Dragon
  • Books that are part of trilogies and series
  • How to Be Popular, How It's Done
  • A reinvention and a new version of Alice in Wonderland (both of which I will buy because I dig all things Alice in Wonderland)
  • New books by Gail Carson Levine, Edward Bloor, Elise Primavera, David Wiesner, Maurice Sendak, Denise Fleming, Patricia MacLachlan and Ian Falconer among others

Non-Alice-in-Wonderland-related books on the list I'm going to add to the stack next to my bed as soon as Wednesday (because I will be at a bookstore that day):

Book on the list Murray (the little book lover I gave birth to) would like most:

1 comment:

Monica Lee said...

Hi Alice, I have been reading your poosts, thanks so much for the SCBWI Conference updates. I was unable to attend but next year is a must! Love your blog. It is now on my favorites!