Things I've learned about Mo Willems:
- He's done standup comedy.
- He travelled around the world for a year (with one very small piece of luggage).
- He's written for Beavis & Butthead and Sesame Street (guess which one earned him an Emmy?).
- He grew up in New Orleans ("a city constructed of stories") and spent a great deal of time dancing with an old guy's hot young wife.
- He worked with his dad making pottery.
- He's incredibly witty and smart and funny (which I suppose is subjective).
- He was featured in the Hot Men of Children's Literature series on another blog (which I suppose is also subjective).
- He claims he's too lazy to name his characters.
- He encourages people to draw his pigeon. (We got lessons.)