Friday, August 04, 2006

Planning My Days...

After a rather nauseating cab ride down the 405 I finally made it to LA a few hours ago, unpacked, got some sushi and much-needed water (no pina coladas for me), and hung out with illustrator Kevan Atteberry who flew in from Seattle early this morning.

I've been poring over the SCBWI conference schedule trying to decide which sessions to attend tomorrow and throughout the weekend. It's so hard! There are tons of cool/interesting-sounding things happening at once. I would guess most other conference-goers are here to network and learn things that will help them perfect their craft or boost their careers. My agenda is a little different. I'm here to learn and network, but I'm looking for ideas for my book--topics I should cover, people I could interview. I wish I could bring along a small staff of assistant editors and together the CWIM team could attend every session and meet everyone. But, alas, I am the entire CWIM team, and I can't be everywhere at once.

Tomorrow you'll find out how I decided to spend my day (rhyme or cover letters? book design or first novel tips?) as I report on conference sessions and anything else I deem cool/interesting.

No comments: