- I'm tired of reading books about trucks. I know far more than a 38-year-old female editor whose favorite reading material is YA novels and Lucky: The Magazine About Shopping needs to know about big construction equipment.
- I keep meaning to flip through the Publishers Weekly Children's Books Fall 2006 issue that's in my inbox. I hope you've checked it out. It's like getting a mini catalog from most every publisher.
- Pretty soon there will be a CWIM website. Those of you who have the 2007 edition might have seen the address listed on the back cover. It's not quite ready yet, but I'll keep you posted. (When the site is live, you'll be able to sign up for a monthly e-newsletter from yours truly.)
- This year it's going to be harder than ever to choose my First Books lineup--the book descriptions I've gotten so far all sound fabulous. (Hmmm...Perhaps I smell a website feature.)
- My Five-Pronged Plan to Read Way More Than I Do Now is going well. I actually have not turned on the TV all week and I have not purchased any footwear. And I'm well into Nothing But the Truth (and a Few White Lies by Justina Chen Headley, the one at the top of my stack of books I got in LA. (I'm typing very fast so I can get through a few chapters before bedtime--I'm dying to get back to it.)