Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Call for First-Time Authors & Illustrators...

My favorite time of year has once again rolled around--it's the time when I begin planning the next edition of CWIM (2008 edition!). My favorite CWIM feature to work on is our "First Books" article, for which we interview four (or so) first-time authors and illustrators about their books and their debut publishing experiences.

If you have a debut book coming out in late 2006 or early 2007 (I'd need a cover image by early February) and would like to be considered for First Books, please email me (alice.pope@fwpubs.com). I'll consider all genres of children's books and agented or unagented writers and illustrators. Tell me a little about your book (including pub date) and yourself. If you have a website, give me the link. No self-published books or e-books please.

3 comments:

dex mission said...

I just bought your book :) and after reading most of it, I have come to the conclusion that I desperately needed it. I am self-taught and worked primarily in an office environment most of my life doing very corporate design and web work. I’ve always wanted to be an illustrator but never really knew which direction to start towards. Hopefully in time, I can contact you with the news of my first book.

Thank you again.

SCBWI said...

Most excellent. I'm glad you found CWIM helpful. I also highly recommend attending one of the big SCBWI events--New York in Feb or LA in August. Great for learning how the business works and networking. Please let me know how it goes.

The Buried Editor said...

How exciting! I have come across the editor of CWIM! I am constantly referring people to it at every conference, on my blog, everywhere in fact. Yours is my favorite print market resource, but alas, I do not have a link for your book on my site. Does CWIM have an online presence? I'm assuming it does, and I would love to add a link.