Tuesday, August 29, 2006


The Purple Crayon...

Hopefully you've all visited editor editor Harold Underdown's website The Purple Crayon. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and add the site to your favorites list. Harold's site is chock-full of useful stuff, including books reviews (check out his newly posted review of the 2007 CWIM and it's not-really-icky-yellow cover); tons of articles and info including a "Who's Moving Where?" feature; and excerpts from his terrific book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Publishing Children's Books.

I'm not sure how Harold has time to maintain and update his site, post on the CW listserv and still, you know, have a life. But I'm glad he does--he offers a great service to children's writer's and illustrators. And there's lots of purple involved, which is never a bad thing. (I still haven't forgiven my parent's for not painting my room purple when I was nine.)

No comments: