Monday, August 27, 2007

Yoohoo Debut Authors--Who Wants to Be in First Books?...

Since the 2008 CWIM just hit stores, it's the time of the year where I embark on the fun task of planning the lineup for the next CWIM. This includes the popular piece "First Books," our annual article featuring four or five debut authors talking about their paths to publication, their experience, and (of course) their books!

This post is my official call for potential First Books candidates. This is open to authors, illustrators and author/illustrators who have debut books coming out in late 2007 or early 2008 (or thereabouts). Cover art would need to be available to me by late January/early February 2008, and a copy of the book would need to be available by December. (I don't want to interview someone unless I can read their book first.)

If you're interested in being considered for First Books, email me at alice.pope@fwpubs.com and tell me a little about you and your book, including the publication date and publisher. If you have a website, include that as well.

If I don't choose you for First Books (and it's so hard to choose!) you may end up as a Debut Author of the Month in my CWIM newsletter and this blog. The deadline for contacting me is Friday August 31.

No comments: