Friday, August 10, 2007

SCBWI Conference All Work & No Play? No Way...

I posted photos from the Saturday night SCBWI Silvery Moon Party, but that was not that only shindig I attended during the conference. On Sunday evening I went to a great party at Dutton's bookstore in Brentwood given by Steven Malk of Writers House. (Here's how cool this party was: Delish sangria. Tiny ice cream sandwiches. A retro candy station which included Abba-Zabas. The Fonz showed up.)

Some photos...

My pals authors Paula Yoo, Kelly DiPucchio, and Lisa Wheeler. Paula gave me a tour of the bookstore during the event.


Authors Jennifer Barnes, Sara Pennypacker, and Sonya Sones, and Sonya's husband Bennett Tramer a writer who wrote for Saved by the Bell (and yes, I've seen every episode numerous times).


The delightful and talented Marla Frazee and the equally delightful and talented Bruce Hale (sporting his signature chapeau).


A bird's-eye view of the party. I'm sure The Fonz is in there somewhere.

1 comment:

adme said...


Thanks for sharing . Authentic stuff. Get nursing homework help from top quality writers.