Monday, August 06, 2007

Mary Hershey: Funny Bones...


Mary Hershey is a funny author
of funny books but she takes her humor writing very seriously judging by her breakout session titled Funny Bones: Excavating Yours for Writing Better Humor. She's the author of My Big Sister Is So Bossy She Says You Can't Read This Book and The One Where the Kids Nearly Jumps to His Death and Lands in California. How could those not be funny?

During this session, she made us do some writing exercises. While I generally prefer sessions during which I don't have to do any work (I'm lazy that way), the exercises were really fun and useful. She told us you really have to dig to find your humorous voice, and that the art of humor is in the way you look at the world.

Just to be ironic, here is my list of speakers who made me tear up at least once during their presentations:

No comments: