Friday, August 03, 2007

Almost Conference Time--I Love L.A....

I arrived in lovely Los Angeles this afternoon (after the easiest, most uneventful trip ever and Spider-man 3 on the plane) and began to spot conference folks as soon as I arrived at the hotel. So far I've seen and/or talked to into Roxyanne Young, Kathleen Duey, Steven Malk, Verla Kay, Linda Joy Singleton, Connie Epstein, Sue Alexander, Mark McVeigh, Lisa Albert and Candie Moonshower.

Then I went to Saks for a few hours and browsed things I cannot possibly afford. (It was work-related, I swear.)

Later I ran into my illustrator pal Kevan Atteberry who introduced me to the delightful Regional Advisors from SCBWI-Washington and we headed to the X Bar, the new hotspot of the Century Plaza, and hung out with a group of writers including the equally delightful Kirby Larson and Ann Whitford Paul and Laini Taylor (with the fabulous pink hair) and Jim Di Bartolo, author and illustrator of Putnam title Faeries of Dreamdark: Blackbringer who gave me a promo postcard (that I did not leave on table).

Laini, Jim, Jolie, Sara, Jaime and Kevan


Ann and Kirby

No comments: