Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy Day--Just Catching Up on My News...

I've spent the better part of my workweek--and pretty much my entire workday today--looking over a book that's about the go to the printer, so now, at 9 p.m., I'm just getting time to check on publishing news. Here are a few things that might interest you:

  • The GalleyCat blog on MediaBistro has an interesting discussion of book reviews going on. (Did I mentioned that during the Portland Kidlitosphere conference, none other than Eric Kimmel declared to online children's book reviewers: You are so important--publishers need you. Not in those exact words, but that was the gist of it.)
  • GalleyCat also has a post on press releases which I actually didn't find all the interesting (well, it's not that it's uninteresting, it's just that there's an awful lot of links and instructions), except that it features the cover of Martha Brockenbrough's Things that Make Us [Sic]. And since I saw on facebook there was a book release party for the book today, I feel I should show her cover on my blog, too. (Plus I just got my copy of [Sic] in the mail today. Yeah Martha!)
Come back tomorrow for my Blog of the Week.

1 comment:

Kelly Polark said...

Just signed up for the PW Children's Bookshelf. Thanks!