Sunday, August 03, 2008

Seeing Red: A Paint the Town Red Party Photo Essay...

Here are some shots of the outfits at the annual themed-party-by-the-pool with free drink tickets and questionable guacamole and much dancing. Sadly I did not stay long enough to see the Disco Mermaids. I hope someone else got a shot of them. If I can scare one up tomorrow, I'll share.

The Literary Lady Bugs.

Guy dressed as one of his superhero guy characters.
Superhero guy and another guy.

A sea of red with lots of black and gray, cause, ya know, red's not for everyone.
Don't be fooled--there were not Wristrong bracelets for party goers--these are SCBWI's Reading is Power bracelets.

Hawaiian shirt, one of a bunch (this one worn by David Gale).

Hawaiian shirt, two of a bunch.

Hawaiian shirt, three of a bunch.

A crayon taking a picture instead of coloring one.

I'm not sure what this costume is, but I believe part of it lit up.
Who wants to publish the Big Bad Wolf? No advance--just fresh meat!

This was my choice for best costume until I discovered it was the Scarlet Letter, not an A for Alice.

1 comment:

Edith said...

Great photos! Thanks for posting the literary lady bugs!! :)