Friday, August 01, 2008

SCBWI Conference Faculty Dinner...

As a first time presenter at the SCBWI conference, tonight I attended my first-ever faculty dinner. After mingling/cocktails/snacks we all sat in rows of chairs and, after announcements from Lin Oliver, passed around a microphone to introduce ourselves to one another. It was so helpful to put all the names and faces together and hear what everyone is going to be talking about. It will make planning my next few days of conference-going easier. (It's too bad all the conference-goers couldn't listen in.)

I'm already enjoying being part of the faculty. I feel like I'm suddenly allowed in the clubhouse with the cool kids. And all the cool kids are actually really nice, down-to-earth, interesting, approachable and friendly. It's true! If you're attending, I'm confident you'll enjoy the staff and get a lot out of their presentations. I'm looking forward to learning from them.

Now I'm off to bed. I'm hoping while I'm sleeping I'll come up with a word for the faculty word parade (a conference tradition during which each presenter walks to the mic and offers one word to sum up...something). Any suggestions?

No comments: