Saturday, August 02, 2008

Lunch with Anastasia Suen...

Anastasia Suen came to the Westside room at the end of my session and we decided to have lunch together. (She missed me talking about her great blogs and exhaustive list of links.) We had an interesting conversation, sort of a continuation of what I talked about in my session. She told me about how she keeps up with her blogging (she uses an editorial calendar) and we tossed around some ideas for CWIM.

She told me about an upcoming conference for kidlit bloggers that takes place in Portland September 27--the theme: "Bridging the Worlds of Books and Blogs." What an awesome idea--kidlit authors and book reviewers getting together to talk about what they do, share tips, and meet one another.

2 comments:

Jone said...

Thank you for promoting the conference. any chance you can attend?

SCBWI said...

I'd love to--I'm going to work on it when I get back and see if it's doable!