Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hurray! 2008 CWIM: To the Printer...

The 2008 CWIM has left the building. The files were sent of to the printer this morning. I'm very excited about this book and will offer teasers as the pub date draws closer.

In the meantime I'd like to thank my pencil, Office Max No. 2. (I call him Max for short.) When he went to work for me, Max was full-size with a nice big, useful, pink eraser. In just six short weeks, he's been worn down to a fraction of his former self, sacrificing his wood and graphite to stay sharp as he helped me edit several rounds of CWIM pages. He was a mighty good pencil, and now he's retiring. (If only they made gold watches in his size.) Below is a photo of Max next to a brand new (Ellie McDoodle) pencil for comparison, and another of the two pencils atop a stack of papers that have accumulated on my office floor, byproducts of two CWIM production cycles.


3 comments:

Cheryl Kobe said...

As a children's writer on that quest to find the right publisher/agent for my novels, I say, thank you, thank you, thank you, for your hard work in producing this fountain of knowledge.

Andrew Karre said...

Congratulations!

Ruth McNally Barshaw said...

Alice, thank you for featuring the Ellie McDoodle pencil!
And congratulations on finishing another edition of the CWIM. What a fabulous resource it is, year after year.