Tuesday, June 05, 2007

BEA: Senedipity, Part 1...

So I’m in the autograph line for David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, singing their latest collaboration Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List. And guess who’s in right in front of me? Megan McCafferty (of Sloppy Firsts fame). Megan wrote an piece for the 2007 CWIM on the rules of writing YA, but I had never met her in person. We got a chance to chat as we stood in line and she told me she’d recommended CWIM on a number of occasions. So everyone should read her books! (One recommendation deserves another.) Here’s a photo of Megan with Rachel and David.


(Rachel was featured in CWIM’s First Books years ago when her debut novel Gingerbread was coming out. She remembered that the writer opened the piece about her by quoting Anias Nin. That would be former CWIM assistant editor Candi. I knew without checking.)

No comments: