Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tour: Cleveland Joseph-Beth...

After several pleasant hours of driving (thank you XM radio), and getting acquainted with the oh-so-exciting Cleveland Airport Sheraton Hotel, I found my way to the Joseph-Beth bookstore for my latest stop on the Market Books World Tour.

The events coordinator at the store told me the event last night only brought in four people, so I was worried. But I'm happy to report I had at least four times that many. It was a smallish group of aspiring writers, but a good one. We had a great discussion--I talked for pretty much an solid hour-and-a-half. One of the writers had been to my blog. One was in town for the weekend from California. One had bought CWIM and had just sent out her first submissions. We talked about agents, contests, nonfiction, magazines, the acquisitions process and lot of other things. Thank you to all the writers who came out to see me (and extra thanks to those who bought CWIM). I'm bummed I forgot my camera--I wish I could post your picture.

(In addition to leaving my camera behind, I also forgot my business cards and my handouts. I always forget something. Once I went to a four-day event and forgot pants. That's four days, zero pants. Nothing but the sweats I wore in the car. I bought a ridiculously overpriced ugly pair from the hotel shop and wore them every day. Then I threw them away.)

Tomorrow evening the SCBWI event kicks off. I'm gonna catch the rest of the U.S. Open match (Federer vs. Blake--go Blake!) and hit the sack. My mouth needs to rest up for Saturday when it will be flapping all day long.

No comments: