Saturday, September 30, 2006

Class Reunion...

Apropos to nothing, tonight is my 20th high school reunion. And I have a feeling it's gonna be weird. I've only been in contact with a handful of my former classmates since 1986--Rose, who's my massage therapist; Terry, who writes horror novels and I sporadically run into at the mall; Nancy, who had me in her wedding in an unfortunate periwinkle ensemble and who I've since pretty much de-friended (it's hard to get over a periwinkle bridemaid's dress); and a select few who were my college friends.

I've spent the last few weeks watching all these episodes of What Not to Wear where they've picked out groups of women going to 20th reunions and given them wardrobe makeovers, but I'm still having trouble deciding on an outfit. I want to look good, but not like I'm trying too hard. To be perfectly honest I want to look thin and young and hip and better than everyone else. I want to have the coolest husband, the cutest kid, and the best job. Sigh. Sigh again. It almost feels like tonight is the first day of school. And I have two zits.

2 comments:

Hope Vestergaard said...

You do look thin and hip and young! I bet you knocked their socks off. How was it, anyway?

SCBWI said...

Ah, thanks, Hope :)

Actually, it was pretty fun. I was one of four women there who brought a date so I sent Dave off to the poker night he was missing, and spent the night with my old friends in the hotel room they had and we talked--I got about 2 hours of sleep. Just like old times only with way less beer!