Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Portland Kidlitosphere Conference...

I just got back from the second Kidlitosphere Conference which took place in ultra-cool Portland. I have some pictures, lots of notes and will share some conference info with you starting tomorrow. (Not much time for blogging today. And although I'm usually all for blogging as an event is going as, as I've done SCBWI conferences, I was a little intimidated at this one, what with 70 or so other bloggers with laptops all around posting, twittering and the like. So I just took notes.) In the meantime you can find a nice conference report on conference co-coordinator Laini Taylor's blog. And visit the conference blog for a links to posts from many other conference attendees.

After hearing advice from a number of presenters, I'm going to make a concerted effort to post here every day (M-F; the weekend is for my personal blog). I've always got something to say, I just don't always have time to say it, but I'm going to do my best to squeeze in daily posts. (Posting is way more fun that working, so it's not exactly a sacrifice.)

I've also decided that I will end each week with Featured Blog starting this Friday, so stay tuned for some great author, reviewer and kid lit blogs. (If you're a blogger who attended the kidlitosphere conference you'll likely end up here soon enough.)

6 comments:

Benjamin Bowes, B.A. said...

Was this conference a mix of motivational speaking with regards to children's literature, or was it more specific? Sounds really interesting, look forward to what you have to say towards the matter further tomorrow!

Clementine said...

Looking forward to it! Welcome back.

Miss. Cellaneous said...

Portland is such a beautiful city and I can't wait to read more!

Cuppa Jolie said...

So great to hang out with you this past weekend, Alice. Looking forward to what you have to say about it...not the hanging out with me...but the conference! And looking forward to more Alice posts. (Plus, now I'll have to watch your personal blog...will you post about your Portland shoe finds?)

~ Robbyn Sanger Hahn ~ said...

I can't believe that the day I decide to get interested in the children's lit market again, I find out that I have just missed a cool kid's lit conference in my own town! I look forward to hearing more about it.

Jone said...

So good to meet you Alice. Enoyed talking with you on Friday evening. I like the idea of a featured blog each Friday. Glad the conference provided you with food for thought.