Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Fun With Spam...

My company just implemented this new spam filtering system for all of our email accounts. Now every morning we each have an email from the system listing all the spam that it's caught for us during the previous 24 hours. And the spam subject lines are cracking me up. Yes, there are the usual array of creative misspellings for Viagara. But there is also much much weirdness. I've been jotting down my favorites and now I will share. I think most of these would make fabulous band names:

  • drunkenness mezzanine
  • cheekbone & oval
  • coin poignancy
  • overwhelmingly unconscious
  • trestle eloquently
  • predator surrealistic
  • cheerful gob
  • zoology and accrue
  • Capricorn posterity
  • pejorative sanitary napkin (my favorite)

1 comment:

Greg Pincus said...

I've seen people turn those phrases into haiku or other poetry (which is different from Flarf poetry, but kinda shares a kinship with it, I think). But I agree with you that band names are the key. I give bonus points to any phrases that make it through spam filters. Most recent, and I think a winner of a band...

Deputy Dice

I'll be sure to buy their first album...