Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The SCBWI Summer Conference--I'm Counting Down...

So far my summer is flying by (a bajillion deadlines make the days move quickly). Last week the 2010 CWIM went to the printer (super yay!). Today I sat back, took a deep breath, and realized that I leave for the SCBWI Annual Summer Conference in L.A. in 23 days.

This is going to be a particularly fun event for me because, as I've mentioned before in this space, I'll be leading SCBWI TEAM BLOG ( Jaime, Jolie, Lee, Paula, Suzanne and me--see the blogroll at right) as we bring the conference to you as it's happening. We'll be live blogging from sesssions, posting photos, sharing our experiences.

In addition to blogging, I'll also be offering a breakout session on Sunday on Practical Online Promotion (opposite Linda Sue Park, Betty Birney, Kadir Nelson, Krista Marino, Dan Lazar... hope I get an audience).

Now for some links:

And here's where to find TEAM BLOG on Twitter (cuz when we're not blogging, we'll be tweeting):

3 comments:

Tyler said...

A blog post after my own heart. Amid my own very busy summer, I too am counting down the days until this year's conference!

Can't wait, see you there!

Katie L. Carroll said...

Oh, I'm so glad you'll be posting at the conference because I can't go to LA this year. (My sister had plan her wedding for that weekend!) Thanks, Alice!

Tara McClendon said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how things go from your pov.