Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Books Update: I Have My Lineup...

After several weeks I've finally decided on my lineup of debut authors for First Books for the 2009 CWIM! If you haven't gotten an email from me today, I didn't choose for the feature.

I'm sorry I'm not able to personally contact all the authors and illustrators who emailed me about their first books. There are a lot of you, and if I email you all right now, I might never finish getting my 2009 edition planned. (I'm sure the writers who have queried me about CWIM features must be getting impatient by now.)

A number of the debut authors who contacted me will be hearing from me in the not-so-distant future. One of you will me my next Debut Author of the Month--I have you picked out. And I think I few of you may fit into CWIM in some capacity.

Another big Thank You for emailing me about your books.

2 comments:

Catherine Ipcizade said...

Thank you, Alice. I very much appreciate you considering me for this section. Though I'm dissappointed not to have been chosen, I'm thrilled for those who were. Much congratulations!

Thank you,
Catherine Ipcizade

Mac McCool said...

Exciting stuff, Alice! Thanks for sharing your stats on the first books too (it's a nice "finger on the pulse" of the market insight). Cheers!