Writer's Digest Books Editors on the Road...
I've been sitting around my office this morning trying to get some work done, but I keep getting distracted by my excitement for the upcoming SCBWI conference in L.A. (I keep pulling out the schedule trying to decide which sessions to attend, thinking about who I want to set up breakfasts with or meet for drinks, and generally loving the idea of being in that lovely hotel, and in a place sans humidity for a few day with a bunch of other people who love books for young readers.)
You know where you'll be seeing me, so I though this would be a good time to tell you where you can find a couple other Writer's Digest Books editor in the very near future.
First my man Chuck Sambuchino, our resident conference junkie. Chuck, editor of Guide to Literary Agents and assistant editor of Writer's Market, is a busy busy bee:
- First he's speaking at the Harriette Austin Writers Conference this coming weekend, July 20-21, in Athens, Georgia. Topics: Building Your Freelance Portfolio and What You Need to Know About Agents. Chuck says at least three literary agents will be attending and taking pitches.
- Next up is the Writers' Conference at Ocean Park, August 13-17 in Ocean Park, Maine. Topics: How to Get Your Writing Published and Writing for Magazines (he's been on the staff of several).
- From Maine Chuck flies straight to Nashville, Tennessee, for Killer Nashville, August 17-19. Topics: Writing the Killer Query Letter, Playwriting 101, and Where Is My Audience: Locating Markets.
- Jane will spend the last weekend of the month in Muncie, Indiana, for Midwest Writers Workshop, July 26-28 held at the Ball State University Alumni Center. Topics: The Best Online Resources for Writers and Book Marketing 101.
- Next she'll hit the Willamette Writers Conference in Portland, Oregon, August 3-5 held a the Portland Airport Sheraton Hotel. Topic: How to Avoid Sabotaging Your Writing Career. Jane will also be taking pitches.
- Finally it's off to Cali, for Sacramento State's Summer Writers' Conference August 10-12 on the Sacramento State University Campus. Topic: How the Book Publishing Industry Works (including how to get published and develop your writing career).