Things I Dig Lately (that may or may not have anything to do with writing & books)...
- The Class of 2K7's YouTube video. The images go by so fast you must watch it over and over and over.
- Vintage clutch purses, my latest favorite thing to buy on eBay. (Please fellow eBayer--you know who you are--stop bidding on that vintage '80s purple leather number because I'm sure you don't want it as much as I do.)
- Author research. I've been doing a lot of it lately as I prepare interview questions for 2008 CWIM articles. It's wonderful to get lost in websites and blogs and hear authors read their work with the click of my mouse. Immersing myself in all things Author is pretty much my favorite part of my job. And it makes reading books feel so much more intimate, like I'm reading the work of a friend. I admire authors not only putting their work out there, but putting themselves out there.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts. I munched down a big pile of them while I read my email this morning. They are pretty gross when they're boiled. But oven roasted Brussels sprouts are like little tiny cabbage candies.
- Freelancers meeting deadlines. My 2008 CWIM articles are pouring in and I'm reading them and they are good good good. I've been very smiley at my desk this week.
- Staying up way past my bedtime to finish a really good debut novel because I love the characters then finding out the author has written a sequel that's under contract.