2007: My Ups and Downs So Far...
It's only a few days into the new year, and at this point I'd have to say 2007 has not been all that great. But I've decided (resolved?) to be positive this year, so I've been thinking about the good side of the things that have thus far annoyed me during the first few days of January:
- DOWN: The new version of Blogger wiped out my visitor counter and I can't get it to work. UP: I can pretend thousands and thousands of people are reading my blog!
- DOWN: The O.C. got cancelled just when it was getting good again. UP: One more hour of reading time each week!
- DOWN: I got the highly unpleasant stomach flu, that, according to the local news, is "sweeping the tri-state." UP# 1: I finished a great novel while I was laid up on the sofa with my barf bowl! UP #2: My skinny pants fit this week!
- DOWN: Global warming. UP: It's in the 60s in the Nati in January!
- DOWN: I have pink eye and not in the eye that my hair is generally flopping over. UP: There really is no up side to conjunctivitis except that the Internet says it will go away in 3 to 5 days and I'm on day 2!
Happy new year!