Monday, January 05, 2009

GalleyCat's Publishing in 2008 Rundown...

Happy New Year everyone. I'm back at work and almost through my email. (I've read them all but haven't answered them all.)

Today, for my first post of 2009, I offer links to GalleyCat's year in publishing 2008 rundown, offered in month-by-month capsules featuring phony memoirs, fake controversy, Glenn Beck, publisher jumping by big names authors, editors hopping houses, layoffs, salary freezes, restructuring, signs of the publishing apocalypse, Sarah Palin, and Madonna's brother (not necessarily in that order). It's fun to read them chronologically from January to December, so here you go:

You also might find this interesting--here's a piece in the New York Times about the new austerity in the publishing world where "fancy lunches, sparkling parties, sophisticated banter" and sales meetings in the Caribbean are being replaced by pizza in the cafeteria and video conferencing. (Oh the horror.)

1 comment:

Vodka Mom said...

Is this gonna take me all night? Okay, I'll get to it after dinner and a martini.


:-)