Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Next WD Webinar:
Self-Publishing 101...

Last Thursday I hosted my very first webinar on the basics of children's publishing. I was a little nervous about this mostly because I often feel that all technology is conspiring against me in an evil plot of some sort. Technology and I got a long fine, however, and things went smoothly. (And it was really enjoyable.) I did all the talking, but the attendees submitted a number of great questions. Among them were questions about self-publishing. It never fails --whenever I address a group a writers, there are always questions about self-publishing. Should I do it? How do I do it? What's involved? Is there a stigma? Can I get published by a traditional publisher later? I've self-published--how do I get people to buy my book?

For any of you out there with these same kinds of questions, my Publisher Jane Friedman is offering a webinar called Self-Publishing 101: Learn When to Do It and How to Do It. It will be held next Thursday, February 26th at 1 p.m. EST and runs 90 minutes.

In additional to addressing some of the questions above, Jane will also discuss popular online tools and sites that can help you self-publish, and show in real time how to use those tools. She'll give tips on evaluating publishing services, creating a book from scratch, and marketing and promotion, and also provide a checklist.

If self-publishing is something you've considered, Jane can really help demystify things for you. She's both knowledgeable and approachable (and I'm not just saying that because she's my boss). If you're embarking on self-publishing it's wise to do so with some knowledge--the $99 price tag for this webinar seems like a wise investment to make before entering into a self-publishing situation that could cost thousands.

Click here for more information on Self Publishing 101.

1 comment:

Vodka Mom said...

I am so glad it went well! I was thinking of you!!