National Picture Book Writing Week (NaPiBoWriWee) Kicks off May 1st...
NaPiBoWriWee (National Picture Book Writing Week) is author Paula Yoo's answer to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Paula is challenging writers to create 7 Picture Books in 7 Days.
Here's the scoop from Paula:
- All NaPiBoWriWee participants should register on her website (www.paulayoo.com) and comment on her blog every day with their own progress.
- From those who participate in the first annual NaPiBoWriWee Paula will select a winner at random on the 7th day--that winner will receive an autographed copy of her latest picture book, Shining Star: The Anna May Wong Story.
- The basic rules? Just write 7 complete and separate picture books in one week. Each picture book must have a clear beginning, middle, and end. There is no required minimum word count because picture book lengths can vary from 50 words to 2000 words, depending on the genre.
- During NaPiBoWriWee Paula's blog will feature picture book writing tips and encouragement and updates on my her progress, plus links to Three Silly Chicks who will also be providing similar helpful blog tips.
- Everyone is encouraged to promote NaPiBoWriWee on blogs, websites, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter. Paula only requests that you link to her website.
- And for those NaPiBoWriWee participants attending the SCBWI Annual Summer Conference in L.A. in August, Paula will arrange an informal gathering during the event so NaPiBoWriWee writers can meet and celebrate their picture book writing achievement.
Click here for complete NaPiBoWriWee rules.